Ocean State Cross Country Invitational: High School Division.
$100.00 Boys - This fee includes a maximum of 7 in the championship, 7 in the varsity, 7 in the jv, and 7 in the freshmen. Additional runners in the jv and freshmen will be accepted at $3.00 per runner.
$100.00 Girls - This fee includes a maximum of 7 in the championship 7 in the varsity, 7 in the jv, and 7 in the freshmen. Additional runners in the jv and freshmen will be accepted at $3.00 per runner or $10.00 per individual runner (when entering 9 or fewer total runners)
$10.00 per individual runner (when entering 9 or fewer total runners)
For the larger squads, the maximum fee will be $200.00 (boys and girls separate).
Once your entries have been registered on line and the entries close, your high school is responsible for the entire entry fee. Adjustments will not be made for no-shows.
Entry fees should be made payable to: “Downtown 5K, Inc.” Entry fees may be mailed to: Bob Rothenberg, 229 Seabreeze Drive, North Kingstown, RI 02852.
All races will start on time. Please limit entries to those athletes who can finish within the allotted time for each race.
8:45 Race 1 Freshman - 1 Boys
9:10 Race 2 Freshman - 1 Girls
* 9:35 Race 3 Junior Varsity – 1 Boys
* 10:05 Race 4 Junior Varsity – 1 Girls
**10:40 Race 5 Varsity – 1 Boys
**11:05 Race 6 Varsity – 1 Girls
11:35 Opening Ceremony
**11:45 Race 7 Championship Boys
**12:15 Race 8 Championship Girls
12:35 Awards Ceremony for Races #1 - 8
**12:55 Race 9 Varsity – 2 Boys
**1:20 Race 10 Varsity – 2 Girls
* 1:50 Race 11 Junior Varsity – 2 Boys
* 2:20 Race 12 Junior Varsity – 2 Girls
* A school may enter an unlimited number in the Junior Varsity race only after it has entered a team in either the Varsity or Championship race. NOTE: JR VARSITY 2 BOYS WILL BE LIMITED TO 10; MORE THAN 10 WILL BE ASSIGNED TO THE JV2 BOYS OVERFLOW – RACE 12A** A school may elect to enter its top 5-7 runners in either the Championship or the Varsity race. The Championship race should include the top teams in the meet from either Division. Special awards will be offered in the Championship race. A school may enter one or two individuals in the Championship race while running 5-7 other athletes in the regular Varsity race. NOTE: A TEAM MAY ELECT TO RUN 5-7 IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP AS WELL AS 5-7 IN THE VARSITY.
For the Freshman, Junior Varsity and Varsity races, there will be two divisions based on the school’s enrollment.
Division 1: Smaller Schools
include all schools whose enrollment for grades 9-12 for one gender (boys or girls) is 470 or less.
Division 2: Larger Schools
include all schools whose enrollment for grades 9-12 for one gender (boys or girls) is 601 or more. Schools with an enrollment between 471 and 600 for one gender will be assigned a Division. They will be notified no later than Wednesday, September 23 of their assigned Division.
Awards to the All-Star Teams (The 5 runners with the fastest times from the Championship, Varsity 1 or Varsity 2)
Special awards to the top male and female individual finishers from RI
Special awards to the team with the best total time of the top 5 boys and top 5 girls from the same school (from championship races)
Individual medals for the Freshmen and Junior Varsity will be distributed in the chute. In the Varsity races, medals after the top 3 will be distributed in the chute. In the Championship races, medals after the top 7 will be distributed in the chute.
A final Coach’s Instruction Sheet will posted on-line Wednesday evening, September 23.
The time schedule is reversed from 2019 with the small schools in the morning and the large schools in the afternoon.
Freshman races are for 9th graders only.